2.11.09

kids in costume

Ha! Gotcha!

I'm not a fan of this particular "holiday" so I didn't even take a picture of my kids dressed up. But we did have fun. Due to our tight budget we couldn't afford to give out store-bought treats at our door, so we tried something different - I made some popcorn treats out of items already in our pantry and gave them to families we actually know as we trick'r treated at their houses. I love this, I'm gonna do it again, but with better homemade treats next year. We didn't end up with a ton of candy (it's already all gone), but we got to give away a treat (the boys loved this) and we got to visit people who actually care what my children chose for a costume (we did do a neighbor or two at every friend's home we visited). Here's how we dressed up our give-away treats:

a ghost, a mummy, and a jack-o'- lantern
alternatively known as a tin, a yogurt container and a bucket

Um, Randa - Steph - Des - Kathy, you either weren't home or we didn't get to you. No need to wonder where your treat is, as you can see, we are still giving them a good home.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm so offended! Now I only have my kids 5 bags of candy to go through and eat? hehe. Those look super cute and you are so forgiven for not driving out into the dark spOoOoOkiness of the country. That is a great idea tho Lisa I'm impressed!
p.s. my word verification is:
dadmoo... funny? yes!

Kathy T. said...

Sorry lady - you can come trick or treating every Monday until the end of the year - while you do papers - I'll make it up to you. Next time I'll let you know when we leave town...

Very cute gifts!!! So creative!!!

Randa said...

Okay we totally are slackers cause we just both go trick or treating and then give out candy when we get back to everyone else. I dont think thats the proper process but we are rebel types. =)

Joanne said...

I am totally stealing that idea- you are genius and those containers are way cute!!!