15.7.09

things I considered posting about recently

Have you ever noticed the ginormous things that the seagulls at the park will pick up and take off with - like those huge McD bags and then you realize it's still full of burgers. I have a completely rational fear that one day one of those seagulls in our neighborhood is going to swoop down and take off with one of my children. Seriously!

Did you know I check my mail obsessively. I've totally paired it down lately, but even now I can't just leave it for the next day... I mean, what if someone sends me money?!? Well, I can dream can't I?

5 comments:

Joanne said...

i think you should be worried! one of those seagulls might attack your friendly mail carrier and take the ONE and ONLY letter with money in it.

Lisa C said...

oh, thanks joanne, you know just what to say to a girl to lull her off to sleep as she narcissistically checks her blog for comments "just once more" before bed!

Stephanie said...

So, I was thinking we need to get together on Friday to look through coupons... I really want to learn!

And secretly I'm hoping the seagulls takes one of my kids and brings it back with a better attitude.

The Whiddens said...

If you think seagulls are bad, you should see the crows we have here. They are the size of small dogs. One time I caught one ripping into the garbage bag and pulling a milk carton out. I ran towards it to scare him away and he actually hissed at me. No lie.

Kathy T. said...

Have you ever seen Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds"??? AHHHHhhhhh!

I think about that everytime I see those stupid seagulls sneaking up on me, circling me, eyeing me...AHHHHHHHHHhhhhhh!

I hate birds! I totally agree with Randa, "Rats with wings"!!!!