.. ooh, one of my favourite songs.
So I redid some stuff here (I think you might notice). Stupidly, I erased all my "friends' blogs' info" before transfering it to my new list. I did not suddenly decide to stop loving you. It would, however, be helpful if you found a way to get me back to your blog (via comment, maybe?). And to help you out, I'm posing a little question...
Do you have any strange daily rituals? I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours. You're gonna have to go to the comments, though, if you want to read about it. While your there, leave a story. If I find you in possesion of knowledge of my embarrassing ritual, without having left your own comment, I will have to mete out some sort of retribution. Fair warning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


14 comments:
Okay, a confession.
I weigh myself everyday, but only at a specific time. If I miss that particular time one day, I have to wait for the next day. So, when do I weigh myself? First thing in the morning... not weird enough, you say? How about this... it has to be before I get dressed, after I've used the the toilet, but before I've eaten breakfast. If anything happens out of order (IE: my kids wake up early and we have breakfast before I get to the bathroom...) it doesn't count. I can weigh myself if I want, but it will clearly be WAY more than the actual. By using this system I can effectively lie to myself about my weight. Works for me.
PS, I did not even realize how weird this habit was until Nancy mocked me for it.
I wouldn't call that weird... I would call it "dedicated!" :) Hmmmm... my daily random ritual, would have to be.... Every night before Jon and I turn into bed, I always ask him if his cell phone is plugged in,(to the charger into the wall outlet), and if it is turned on/off vibrate, etc... even if I can SEE that it is! :) He get's SO annoyed by it. Sometimes I do it 3x in a half an hour. I'm just a stress case, because we use our cellphones for alarm clocks. I'm paranoid that we're going to sleep in, or not hear it, and miss getting up early to head to work on time. I fear for the both of us getting fired! What can you do! :)
Okay, I wasn't going to make a comment, but since MY daily ritual has been affected by your "blog renovation", I have to write. Here it is:
Every morning after I check my email I check Julie's blog (sorry, but I found out about hers first), then using her list of friends, I click on your blog's link. After I check to see if you have written anything (which, sadly, up until the last 11 days you usually hadn't,) I use your list of friends to click on "Leaving My Mark" where I read about a total stranger who I've come to love! The problem is this: If I type in "Leaving My Mark" it doesn't actually come up. And I don't know what the REAL title of her blog is. Please help me reconnect with Kelly Anne!
Love ya,
Mom
P.S (Oh what the heck... I just left your blog not being entirely truthful, and so in the spirit of feeling guilty, I return, because that's not the ONLY thing I do as a daily ritual) :P
*Putting head down in shame...
I have a mirror on my fridge. A small magnetic locker mirror. It is for the sole purpose of... ahem...allowing myself to see where I need to pluck those dark and nasty little chin hairs I SPARINGLY have-- before I go out the door! ;)
NO GASPS PLEASE! I KNOW YOU ALL HAVE THEM YOURSELF. DON'T DENY... It takes a real girl to admit that she has them, and an even greater woman to ADMIT she plucks them!!!
THERE! I SAID IT! :) LOL
*Whew... I feel better. Thanks Lisa. xox I totally vote for another round of blog-her-expose-her... Tee Hee... This is better than truth or dare @ 13!
I decided I am not playing your little "comment" game in the spirit of me checking my blog EVERYDAY to see if new people have commented.. and still have yet to see your comments. So therefore I am veto-ing commenting on your blog until you decide that I am imperfect enough to deserve "lisa" comments.
Did I mention I have an obession of checking blog comments? Because if I did, I didn't mean to since I am not commenting like you wanted me to.
You win on cleverest blog comment. I win on having an obsession of checking it a million times more I think :S aahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Does fixing the tap because it leaks and Vance never remembers to turn it back 3mm so it doesnt drip count? Vance says i need to do better on talking about his faults. I told him i couldnt come up with any good ones spur of the moment on wednesday so he says he will make a list i can carry around in my purse =). How about watching kid shows or TV with my kids? some people turn on a show and leave - not me. I know ALL the bo-on-the-go episodes and songs as well as super why and huckle! i cant think of anything i do 50 times a day yet - its probably too automatic =)
Let's just say - I'm just normal. That's right no weird out-of-the-ordinary rituals for me - see - cuz I'm normal (did I say that already) it's just my "weird" friends that have strange rituals - umm right? To me that's the way it HAS to be. Like checking my blogroll to see if my friends who rarely update their blogs decided that today was the day - I can't miss it! I also - have to load the cups in the dishwasher first! Take away the order and might as well just not do the dishes! Another thing, have to have a shower EVERY day. (lucky for my friends I might add!) If I don't I'm anxious and uptight ALL DAY/NIGHT!!!
Nope - not weird - just normal!!!
Okay. Hmmmmm....I am really trying hard to think here. I think I am normal and therefore don't have any "weird" daily rituals.
So I asked Dean if there was anything he saw me do everyday that annoyed him or he thought was weird. He said I have none. Hmmmm.....I think I will keep him around.
Well.....some people might think my daily rituals of always making sure the pillows on the couch were "JUST RIGHT" after opening the curtains in the morning...and then heading to the kitchen to have my 4 toasted peanut butter and jam sandwiches EVERY SINGLE day..would be kind of weird. Okay. Maybe it is. But I LOVE that breakfast. I will have NOTHING else. Ever. : P
Oh, and p.s. Do you need me to send you another invite? Was my blog address one of the ones you lost??
Joanne and lisa know my dirty little daily ritual, huh ladies! Here goes everyone, every morning I visit the porcelain throne at excatly 8:30 right after my kids get on the bus. I spend a appropriate amount of time in the bathroom (Randa, He He) to extract the number 2 from my marvolous bodily system!!!!!! So no one call me until quarter to nine at least!!! There you go people no one could be more embarassing than that so don't be afraid to let it all out!!!!
Lisa.. I just don't know if I should thank you or punish you for now having seen written word of Nancy's daily ritual.
This is sooo funny! One Nancy I envy you I wish I was that regular! I also do the same weight thing as you Lisa I weigh every day with much the same criteria...but if it doesn't happen just as I want it I subtract a pound or two. Every once and awhile I even put my hand on the wash machine to make myself lighter just so I can see what it would look like. I also get up and go to the biffy then immediately check my facebook, e-mail and blog. I especailly am excited if I actually put something new up to read my comments they are sooo fun!
lol Lisa this is all too funny :) I think the thing that I do the most regularly - after we go to bed, I won't let Paul sleep until after we've had cuddles. Nothing dirty, people, just cuddles. (sometimes something dirty. but that's not the ritual I'm sharing here!) and then we'll have prayer, and once my cuddle-quota has been filled, then I'll give Paul back his space and we'll all go to Z-land.
Post a Comment