29.3.09
big kids
Today was Taylor's first day of Nursery, I'm not really sure how I feel about it. I've been sighing tentatively all morning. Where has the time gone? Are we sure he's actually old enough - all those other kids seem like monsters next to him! Perhaps we have all miscalculated somewhere along the way and he really isn't due to attend for another couple months?!? And, what the heck am I supposed to do with my 2 free hours of church a week? I mean, besides actually attend the classes and such. Ugh, I just do not feel okay about this - and I was so excited up until this very last week. Is this the normal reaction to sending your child off to Nursery the first time? (I wouldn't know, Trevor and I were called to work in the Nursery in our old ward when Josh was 15 months. In that case he really wasn't old enough and the other kids really were gargantuan monsters next to him.) So all I'm wondering, I guess, is - who authorized this transition from baby to little man? and couldn't they have given me more notice?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
I still remember when you moved into the ward and he was so little and adorable and snoozing all cozy in his car seat! WOW - nursery.
I think that I am excited when my kids go to nursery. I think that they are at a tricky age by 18 months and by that time I am SO READY to finally hear something being said in class. But, when the time does come - it does seem to have flown by awfully quickly.
Congrats on your newfound freedom!
I hope Taylor liked his first day! I bet it was hard for him to have you come in for singing time..well the leaving part. I could have went in for you if I had thought of it sorry! Thanks for the awesome job you did in primary. I love the new family tree song. I have it stuck in my head. I love to see you bloggin you must have got your computer back! I need to get bloggin too!
I'm sure that you won't have to wonder what you're going to do with your "free" time on Sundays... I'm sure you'll be put to work subbin' wherever possible. Enjoy your "free" time while you can!
Give Taylor an award for going to nursery so well on Sunday! Man - none of my kids went that well - for the first year anyway!
I am so amazed that Taylor was so good at the nursery on Sunday. I am happy to have him there for the very first time. I am sure that after a few times he'll like being there more. He might be small, but very observant and happy go lucky little
guy. I know he'll be okay specially when he got his big brother there to protect him.
you got a lovely boys and proud to have a privilege to get to know all my kids in the nursery.
Thank you Lot! You don't know how much that means to me. I'm starting to feel better, but we'll see next Sunday. At least this past Sunday I had a fun sub-ing job to keep me from watching in the one-way window the whole time. Watch, I'll be the one who's crying and can't be separated. Oh brother!
Post a Comment