25.5.08

6 days and counting

So we're moving.... I'm not sure whether to end that sentence with an exclamation point or a frown-y face. Of course I'm excited - new ward, new home, no job for the summer. However, I cannot deny the stresses - I've been "single parent"ing it for almost 3 months (not as difficult as I thought, but infinitely less productive), packing with a toddler (I turn my back to add an item to a box an return to find it's contents strewn throughout multiple rooms). But the worst have been the good-byes. Not to friends yet, but the weekly good-byes to Trevor. We just had him home for the weekend again (thanks to our good friend Dustin A.) and just as we start to enjoy our time, he's off. Then comes the waterworks, the tantrums, the pouting and whining - me, not Josh! Kidding. But seriously, I think sometimes my independent spirit and jokey attitude hold me back from really expressing some of the important feelings. So here goes...
Trevor is my best friend, my most beloved critic, an unconditional source of support and the love of my life. I don't say it enough, but I love him with more emotion than I am even able to really understand, I can only feel it. And it overwhelms me.

5 comments:

ec said...

finally.

seriousy...i've been waiting for this for sooo long. looking forward to it;)

Anonymous said...

So glad you started a blog! :) Love you guys! Great post!! Good luck moving and hopefully we will see you MORE often now!

Julie said...

yay! i'm glad you've got a blog now :) it'll make it easier to keep up with each other now that you're LEAVING! j'k but seriously, i'm gonna miss you!

Anonymous said...

Hey!!! So you decided to start a blog! After adimitting that you blog stalk everyone else. *lol* Hope the move goes well for you guys!

CASSIE said...

*Sniff. Ahhhhhh Lisa! Pass the darn tissues will ya :) Nice entry. Made me go and hug my big lug of burning love... We're praying for you guys, and that ALL will work out for you :)