14.9.12

so long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye

I've been super-inspired lately. I've installed shelving in a closet, refinished a trunk and a stool, reno'd a dresser into a bench and gave another dresser a facelift. And replaced a whole swack of lights (okay, okay, that one I delegated to the hubby). Pictures will come when I get all my belongings back into place.

I got the bug because my good friend, Nancy, spent that last weeks of summer spiffing up her house to put on the market. Here it is, check it out if you're looking for a house in Brooks. The problem is, for the last 4 years Nancy has been my go-to girl for all things handy and now I've lost her. At first I panicked - "how will I get this shelving cut to size now?!?" and "how do I know that I'm not doing this the completely wrongest way ever?!?". But I bucked up. It's required some nerve and alot of tools, like levels and drills and saws. And it's been SO much fun.

Thank you Nancy - in this and so many other ways you've inspired me to live a more courageous life.

2 comments:

Dixie said...

Wow! You sound inspired. And busy. Good for you! I'll look forward to the pictures.

Kathy T. said...

I want to see pictures! I wish I could be the handy Nancy girl -but I think she got all that talent! She should've done workshops on handiness before she left. Way to go on everything you've accomplished! Awesome!