3.2.10

now this is what I call a quality post

A while ago a friend tagged me to do a list of 10 honest things about myself. I really can't manage that deep of a thought right now, so I thought I'd count down a list of things that may or may not be true about yours truly - you can try and figure it out!

1. I spent a night on Whyte Ave (in Edmonton) hanging out with a preacher/musical busker and some squatters. I even slept on the sidewalk

2. I cut the umbilical cord at the birth of my second child. I would recommend it to anyone.

3. I saw Queen Elizabeth in person when she toured my elementary school. If you believe a picture I drew about it - we shared an ice cream cone and she is much smaller in person that pictures would indicate.

4. Robert Munsch visited my elementary school and read our classes a bunch of his books. This fact gets more interesting as I get older and read them to my children.

5. I made it to the 2nd round of auditions in the first season of Canadian Idol. I had to withdraw from consideration due to a family emergency - it's okay, I didn't have a shot anyway.

6. I was on the wrestling team in high school. Please refrain from picturing me in a singlet.

7. I've never broken a bone or had a cavity. I am clearly an exceedingly healthy individual.

8. I am currently gestating my 3rd child. Isn't it true that married women of a particular age are always the subject of speculation in this regard?

Okay, I was gonna try for 10, but 8 will have to do ya. Check the comments for a list of true and false answers.

13 comments:

Lisa C said...

Only #5 is false - go ahead, I'll wait here while you read some of the more improbable ones again.

ec said...

is number 8 an announcement?

i need to know the truth. the rest ... i'm not sure. knowing you, they very well could all be true. :)

Joanne said...

ummm 3 and 6 false??? I KNOW that 8 is totally true as is 2. and as for 7 up until last spring I could have had that claim to fame!

Rebecca said...

Wow! I guessed right! Congrats on baby #3!

Lisa C said...

Yup, it's an announcement. I'm due Sept 4th. It's early to tell, but Josh keeps outing me.

Emily Busath Murdock said...

Congrats, Lisa! That is exciting. Are you keeping your fingers crossed for pink? Believe me, I UNDERSTAND! :)

ec said...

congrats, lisa! those dang older kids can't keep anything a secret, can they?

CASSIE said...

Congrats you guys!
We hope you have a healthy and happy baby, no matter the gender ;)

Laura.R said...

CONGRATS!!!!
And I totally called the Cdn Idol fib.
I mean, not that you're not an amazing singer or anything...

...maybe I should have kept that triumph to myself.
;)

Auntie Lisa said...

hey, glad I was just randomly checking blogs ....... found out the good news!!! Excited for you! Hope you're feeling good.

Julie said...

hey! i'm finally getting around to blogging again... with any luck, I'll have a post by the end of tonight. We'll see.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :)

Kathy T. said...

I know you'd never lie!

Congrats again! Oh - and I'd never mess with you - I'm sure you'd be a great wrestler - you'd kick my butt!

Dixie said...

Okay, why doesn't anyone seem to be concerned that you spent the night on Whyte Ave sleeping on the sidewalk?