1.8.09

victory

Today I overcame a huge obstacle in my life. It was a torturous journey, particularly the last 24 hours or so. You see, I'm afflicted with petite kitchen-itis. This means that I've been storing dishes and other kitchen what-not in a hutch in my dining room. My fabulous, twice-the-size-of-my-kitchen, dining room. Oh, how I love you DR! Anyways, I have, as of this morning, managed to fit all of my kitchen belongings into my 5 kitchen cabinets (I only get the number 5 by adding together half and partial cupboards). AND it's neat and orderly too. This has been a year long process - every other month I cut a little clutter and try to consolidate and organize. I'd like to thank all the people who made this effort a success - the builder (who clearly has never had to prepare his own meals - ever!), my children (who loved pulling everything out of that hutch and spread it willey-nilley around my home), Sherraine (who endowed me with a gift of out-of-seasonal candy so generous that I had to rearrange my cupboards to accomadate it), and of course my husband (without whose ginormous slurpee mug eternally cluttering my countertop, I might never have found the motivation to persevere and find a cabinet home for or discard all that useless junk).
On a COMPLETELY separate note. Anyone with a kind heart and cabinet space willing to give a home to a bunch of baby spoons and a babyfood grinder, please leave a message in the comments.

6 comments:

Nancy said...

congrats on the decluttering. It's always nice when you finally accomplish something that has been plaguing you. As for the baby food grinder and baby spoons I'll take them, I'll be needing them soon enough. Sorry to hear that your sick, I hope you feel better soon.

Lynn said...

Gotta LOVE my sister and brother in law, who are SO generous with their candy. ; ) Lucky you!

Congrats on the decluttering. I need to do that again myself.

Julie said...

As I am currently inhabiting your old, extremely LARGE kitchen... I'm nervous about moving just for the sheer fact that I am afraid I am also going to end up having thumbnail-kitchen. Still doesn't keep me from wanting to move really soon though! :)

Congrats on organizing! What a fantastic feeling!

Stephanie said...

It's true!! What a great feeling that is!
Kinda like eating a peanut buster parfait on a really hot night while watching a good show and the kids are all in bed good feeling.

Kathy T. said...

Congrats!!! I was never able to accomplish that feat in my identicle kitchen! I was always running downstairs to find kitchen-ee things!

Way to go!

(On a separate note - I noticed that it stormed yesterday - must have been a Monday!)

Joanne said...

and you never called me??? cough cough sputter sputter... I'm sure I'll forgive you THIS time. next time I WANNA PLAY TOO !!!