28.6.09

summertime and the livin' is ... busy

Have you ever noticed that when you're busy you get things done, but when you have nothing scheduled, you loose the whole day to ... nothing? (And by nothing I mean, napping, surfing the 'net, reading strangers' blogs and the evils of facebook and youtube.)

Thought you might enjoy some of these reminders of the season.

Ella Fitzgerald - "Summertime"

Fresh Prince and Jazzy Jeff - "Summertime"

Mungo Jerry - "In the Summertime" (because I can't watch this without cracking up)

And just because I know that without this next one, your summer will wither up and die.
NKOTB - "Summertime" (I especially enjoy the last 30 seconds of the song. Oh Donnie, now I remember why I loved you, in all your open-shirted, ballcap matching-suited, arm-waving, center of the-boyband glory!)

$5 says those girls are to young to even know who they are "dancin' up ons"

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Thank you for that NKOTB video. Honestly, it's Jordan who makes my heart go pitter patter! You are too funny!

Kathy T. said...

Hey, did you notice "Fresh Prince's" shirt? -Go Speed Racer - hmmmmm....funnny hey! I love Fresh Prince!

NKOTB - what was I thinking! They are so unbelievably humble and not vain. It's a good thing they look nice and can kinda sing. I find it kind of icky that they are coming onto girls who were probably in car seats when they had their first go at stardom!

Julie said...

here it is! I couldn't get it to open for some reason... silly me :)

check out this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru-IlVWpWNU