8.7.08

death by crappy computor

Ugh, this blog is woefully out of date. My apologies to any stalkers (Mom, Joanne) and those I have ever hassled about long absences (Julie, Cassie, Julie, etc.). I am ashamed.

On a lighter note - I love my house! I keep forgetting I have a basement, and a second bathroom, and a furnace/storage room, and laundry room, and a TV room. A couple hours into my day I always catch my self and think, "Why are we not hanging out in our super-cool basement!" I'm telling you, that basement is where it is at. Not to mention the GLORY of the cross-breeze. (You apartment dwellers know what I'm talking about) After 3+ years of living in a suite with only one wall with windows on it - I am in heaven. Not even my allergies are going to quell my excitement.

AND.... the joy of purposeful unemployment. I have read 3 books (the "Twilight" series, 1600 odd pages in 4.5 days), 2 newspapers, unpacked my entire house, had dinner guests, and gone to playgroups in the last week - virtually unheard of activities in my former work-from-home life. NOT TO MENTION, the excrutiatingly pure JOY of leaving the house for groceries and other sundry errands whenever I dang-well feel like it!

Heaven, I'm in heaven.

The only thing that is coming close to dulling this buzz right now is the fact that we have no computor. I'm at Nancy's and frankly, this 2-hands-to-work-a-mouse bit is killing me.
slowly.
painfully.

8 comments:

Randa said...

I completely understand the house love! Vance says that i say i love my house more often than i say i love him but i say it anyway - i love my house!

Unknown said...

I am glad things are going so well for you Lisa! I totally understand about the cross breeze thing. It is killing me and I can't wait till Ian and I are in a house next year. P.S. I know that you read my blog... I read yours too... call me your secret stalker. Best wishes from the Isackson's.

Anonymous said...

YIPEE FOR HOUSES!! Hopefully you can post pictures sometime soon! Oh and I totally know what you are talking about with the cross-breeze. When we got married I just about died the first summer in out suite... DIED!! Hopefully you get your computer soon!

Anonymous said...

I look forward to having my basement back in a year or so - yesterday I was surveying my art and thinking "hmm, some of these pieces have "spare bedroom" written all over them. But for now I do enjoy that cross breeze!

Congratulations on getting caught up on Twilight!Now you just have less than a month to wait for book #4.

The Whiddens said...

Yay! A new post FINALLY. Yes, I really want to see pictures of the house. Soon.

Joanne said...

I am back and I am soo sorry for your computer woes. I want to come visit so you had better send an invite ( no pressure here at all). I am glad you love your house- I will soon be stalking you in person to check it out!

ec said...

yes. looking forward to pictures.

enjoy the s p a c e!

Lynn said...

Hey Lisa! It was a great BBQ this weekend. Your dessert was greatly enjoyed on Sunday too. My brother and I had a hard time sharing it with everyone. LOL! Hope you post the recipe. E-mail me. It's on my profile.