16.7.08

by popular demand

While enjoying much fun at Cassie and Jon's BBQ this weekend, I was requested to provide the recipe for my ALL TIME FAVOURITE dessert. After briefly considering keeping this to myself (I could always claim it's a secret family recipe, right?), I decided it ought to be shared, in all it's glory, with the world at large. And so I give you...

BANANA-SPLIT DESSERT
makes 9x13 pan

2.5 cups graham crumbs
0.5 cup margerine
- mix and bake @350 until brown, cool thoroughly (or buy a graham crumb crust from safeway - whatever floats yer boat)

2 cups icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla
.75 cup margerine
2 eggs
-mix and ice onto cooled crust.

4-6 bananas (depending on size)
2, 14 oz. cans pineapple (crushed or tidbits)
-slice bananas lengthwise and lay over icing, drain pineapple and sprinkle over bananas (I'm fairly certain you can use any fruit you like at this point - maybe some kiwi and strawberries? hmmm?)

1 large container Cool Whip
chocolate chips (amount at your discretion)
-ice Cool Whip on top of fruit, sprinkle (layer?) with chocolate chips

Now, the original recipe calls for this to be served chilled, but Cassie hit apon a way better presentation! Pop these babies in the freezer and serve them like squares (keeps for quite a while if you don't let them thaw.) And... if you can manage to justify all the butter, sugar, chocolate and Cool Whip, maybe you could call this a serving of fruit and eat some every day? Okay, I know, I'm pushing it.

3 comments:

The Whiddens said...

Aw, c'mon. Now you made me want some. Which means I won't be able to stop thinking about it till I make it.

Oh and your quote above about opinions and belly buttons... I laugh EVERY TIME.

Lynn said...

"Hallelujah!!!!!" (Can't you just hear the angels singing and the trumpets trumpeting??) LOL!

THANKS SO MUCH! This dessert is delish!!!

E-mail me. crapo@shaw.ca I will add you to my private blog. *wink*

Anonymous said...

You forgot to split the banana!

TARIQ!

ps. hello Lisa's Mom!