26.1.12

authentic

Yesterday Taylor decided there was something missing from his young life. So he hauled our the "playhuts" that he and Josh got for Christmas from their cousins (thanks Carter and Hayley!) and made a camp in the livingroom. Of course, not too much later the asking, whining, begging, nagging and pleading began. I've been sick with a cold and sleeping on the couch - so of course I said yes.

The play huts are really only big enough for 2 children to sit cross-legged, nose-to-nose, so we made beds with their legs sticking out the doors. The kids really enjoyed their overnight camp-out, complete with marshmallows on a fondue fork roasted over a toaster "fire".

3 comments:

Dixie said...

How fun. Did they really stay in their tents all night?

Boy-o-boy I miss those guys! When did you say you were moving up north?

The Whiddens said...

FUN! Living room camp-outs are the best. Second only to actually camping. Um...get on that already would ya?!!? :)

Kimara said...

You are the ultimate cool mom! I bet they had so much fun! I like the Marshmellows, nice touch!