2.12.11

bossy books

As Josh starts wandering (slowly and painfully) through the world of reading, we've developed some funny quirks around our house. Sometimes I can be found reading books backwards to my kids (to prove the point that it DOES matter which direction you track your finger!) As my kids find this HILARIOUS, it is, admittedly, one of my less inspired prove-a-point mothering moments.

My favorite (and sometimes not) is when Taylor gets in on it. He likes to pretend to read direction off of boxes or out of books. These directions ALWAYS seem to prove me wrong. Example:

Me: "No Taylor, no more fruit snacks. Only one a day."

Taylor, picking up box and tracking his little finger over the letters: "Mama, box say, Give Taylor two snacks ever."

Me, taking the box from his hands and also tracking over the letters: "No Artificial Flavours, Colours, or Preservatives"

Taylor, knowing he's busted: "Ohhhh, silly me."

Today, I came up with an entertaining alternative:

Taylor, tracking over the words 24 Chocolate Days 'til Christmas Advent Calender: "Mama, this say, Let Taylor eat many, and share with Brandt, not just one".

Me: "Really? When I read it, it says, "Taylor is a little stinker, he only gets one candy each day and we will share next time."

Taylor: "Ohhhh, silly you."

6 comments:

Dixie said...

How cute is he? Can't wait to see you guys in three weeks!

Unknown said...

I love it... too cute!

Wilson Family said...

what a guy. kids are stinkin smart.

Carly LRM said...

Oh sure, the kids are cute, but I think you're pretty entertaining mom, yourself. I enjoy it.

The Whiddens said...

Awww what a cutie pie!! I love when he uses his "ever" expression. Auntie loves you (and Josh) ever Taylor!!!

Kimara said...

You are a seriously funny mommy!