7.10.11

nothing says "I love you" like a pickle

I think we can all agree that Costco is awesome. My friend, Jill, was showing off her most recent mass-quantity finds the other day, when it was revealed that she doesn't like pickles. I find this unfathomable. (It's unf...with...without fathom.) In spite of this, she purchased a 4 Litre jar of gorgeous gems of flavor, also know as pickles, for her family. What a beautiful expression of love!

Disclosure: I like to eat pickles with peanut butter. Spoonfuls of peanut butter in one hand and a pickle in the other, sliced pickles sandwiched between peanut butter and bread, or the ultimate "to-go" variation: hot-dog style - I'm sure you can picture it. I'm resigned to the fact that most people will never be able to bring themselves to sample this delicacy, and I'm truly sorry for their loss.

Really though, I'm just curious what other people love to eat that I would find unfathoma... unfatho... without fathom. (Thank you Megamind, you complete me.)

6 comments:

Kimara said...

You are so funny! I really enjoyed this post...I really wouldn't enjoy peanut butter and pickles but Sean does eat peanut butter with his hot dog does that count?

Carly LRM said...

We had deep fried pickles in SLC when I was there with Mom and Dad. I recommend it. That said, I can't bring myself to buy pickles down here - they seem too superfluous - but after this post, I might be changing my tune.

Laura.R said...

I LOVE PB AND PICKLES!
Lisa....I'm so glad I've found a PB&P soulmate. I thought I was the only one!

Dixie said...

Peanut Butter and Pickle sandwiches are even better with a slice of cheddar cheese in there, too. I was always trying to save money when you kids were young, so I might not ever have let you in on that little secret.

Kristen said...

First off, peanut butter is disgusting. Second, pickles are almost as bad. Icky!!! Together, I can hardly think of it without being ill! :) I'm glad you have found something so enjoyable. Please just don't share with me. Thank you!

The Whiddens said...

Mmmmmmmm....I can't even remember my original comment because now I just want a peanut butter and pickle sandwich so bad!