23.10.11
...and sometimes we whine
"Greatness is best measured by how well an individual responds to the happenings in life that appear to be totally unfair, unreasonable, and undeserved. Sometimes we are inclined to put up with a situation rather than endure. To endure is to bear up under, to stand firm against, to suffer without yielding, to continue to be, or to exhibit the state or power of lasting." - Marvin J Ashton
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
So true.
I enjoyed that quote... Sometimes it's so hard not to complain and/or whine. And its always nice to get a reality check. It's the humble pie I hate eating!!!
I am a Whiner I admit it! I love the quote too. I heard the Primary presentations went well....and very very long! Wish I could have seen it!
The Primary Presentation was fantastic! We have such great primary leaders and teachers in our ward! Well done.
Oh, and by the way, I think you are great. Truly.
I like those definitions of endure. I plan to keep those in mind when it might seem easier to "put up with a situation rather than endure."
Post a Comment