13.8.11

abc's

Copy this from my cousin's cute wife's blog:

A. age :: twenty-nine (my birthday was only 3 months ago but it still took me at least 30 seconds to figure out my age!)

B. bed size :: queen (Trevor wants a king, but I think we should both just loose some weight)

C. chore you hate :: dishes (it's the only thing I really have to force myself to do)

D. dogs :: allergic (but if we had a heated garage and a bigger yard I'd probably indulge my husband's wish for an outdoor one)

E. essential start to your day :: my scripture/journaling/personal prayer routine (if this gets missed or skipped over for any reason, I can guarantee you don't want to get in my way - I just get kinda mean and impatient)

F. favorite color :: charcoal gray

G. gold or silver :: silver

H. height :: 5'6 3/4" (I still measure myself frequently to see if I've gained that extra quarter inch)

I. instruments you play :: piano

J. job title :: mom extraordinaire

K. kids :: Josh and Taylor

L. live :: Brooks, Alberta

M. maiden name :: Mendenhall

N. nicknames :: depends on who you ask (Mendenhall relations call me Lisa D, or Lisa Diane. Carly sometimes calls me Lu-lu, Julie often calls me some variation of Lisee. Privileged and dear friends from back-in-the-day refer to me as Lisa-piece-a-poo, not flattering, but true. Trevor calls me his "little field patty" or "meadow muffin", not really flattering either. I think I missed a couple)

O. overnight hospital stays :: I've only ever been admitted to the hospital for baby-delivering purposes.

P. pet peeve :: when people mis-use or mistake or mispronounce works (I am currently irked by "fustrate", instead of fRustrate)

Q. quote :: "I know you KNOW, I want you to DO." Thanks Dad.

R. righty or lefty :: right (but sometimes I pick up a pen with my left and go to start writing and am momentarily confused as to why it's not working properly)

S. siblings :: Julie, Joel, Dallin, and Carly (and super SIL Christa)

T. time you wake up :: whenever my kids decide to get up (anytime between 6:30 and 7:30 usually, but I can't rule out an occasional 5:30)

U. university attended :: UofLethbridge, but not completed (that's right you've discovered my not-so-secret shame: I'm a drop-out)

V. vegetables you dislike: I can't come up with one

W. what makes you run late :: When I come home from an early Sunday morning meeting to find my children still in their pjs and my husband just getting into the shower - 10 minutes before church is supposed to start!

X. x-rays you’ve had :: dental xrays

Y. yummy food :: steak (thank you Frank for converting me to the ways of medium-rare meat and horseradish, your contribution to my life lives on in every expensive date-night dinner my husband buys me!)

Z. zoo animal favorite :: anything behind glass (you'll find me face-smushed to those exhibits for hours!)

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I'm 5'6" and 3/4 too. I used to just say 5'6" but then people said I was taller than that, and that I should round up, but then the 5'7" people complained, so now I just say 5'6" and 3/4 to keep everyone happy.

Kimara said...

fun! You really need to get a better nick name though! lol