6.4.11

just like when I was a kid

Ever come across something from your childhood and get so excited to introduce it to your own kids? Or find an old favorite movie and have a no-holds-barred movie-viewing-event? And do you ever then wonder why it was so beloved, or realize that it's totally NOT a children's movie at all? Ya, it happens to me all the time (especially because we are movie collectors).

But not today! Yesterday at Walmart I found the old Disney movie, "Flight of the Navigator". I was a little nervous, because while I remember loving it, I couldn't actually remember the plot. Best. Movie. Ever. Josh loved it. It was every bit as enjoyable as I (barely) remembered it. Thank you Disney for this gem.

So, go share something old with a kid today - or just reminisce with someone who remembers too. Even if it's just the memory of an old rotary phone. Find a picture online. Tell them about how long some of the phone cords used to be before cordless. Something like that - they'll love it. You'll love it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is Laura, first off.

And I totally did that with "The Last Unicorn." A very weird movie, after watching it as an adult. Definitely not what I remembered as a kid...

Steph said...

i have done that a couple times.. and i realize just how freaky the movies were!! never ending story is one i can't watch.. gives me willies still.

Rebecca said...

I loved that movie! Although, that's barely all I remember about it. Glenn and I were just talking about how we couldn't really remember what it was about the other day, but that we both remember liking it. Maybe we'll have to go rent it now...

Kimara said...

We tried to make London watch all the Herbie movies but she rebelled. Good on you for getting them while they're young.