24.9.10

"Mom, he stole my power!"

Does anyone else think that it's ridiculous that I spend the majority of my parenting minutes referee-ing disputes about imaginary items? Five minutes ago I gave Josh a lecture about sharing pretend treats and then redistributed a cache of pretend weapons into pretend backpacks. Don't even get me started on how many times a day I have to confiscate everyone's "power" until behavior improves.

P.S. just as I was about to hit "publish post" I heard Josh tormenting Taylor in the play room yelling "I spit out your jelly beans. Pthaaaat." Just to be clear - there are no jelly beans in our house. Someone save me from my life!

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Ha ha ha! I love kids. Can someone save me as well? I feel your pain!

Randa said...

hmmm...apparently there are down sides to encouraging imagination. Im sure this will mean they will write fantastic novels and earn TONS of money for their genius and you will then be able to say it was all because you allowed them to steal eachothers powers every 5 seconds =) hey you never know!

Kathy T. said...

Crap, there goes the idea of getting rid of the toys and the kids won't have anything to fight about...

Stealing power - hmmmm - I'll have to remember that.

Dixie said...

I'm laughing here - "imaginary items". We tried to call a couple of times yesterday to wish Taylor a happy birthday. We'll call again today - when Dad gets home. In the meantime I still need to get his gift sent in the mail. (I know, I know, it'll be several days late -- I'm a terrible grandma.) But, hey, maybe you could just tell him it arrived and he could "imagine" it to be anything he wants. And I could save some money on the postage. It's a win-win, don't you think?

Julie said...

fantastic :) you'll never have to actually buy them junk food! :D