8.4.10

one week - a retraction

So, only because there are friends with whom I am only in touch via blog posts and because I opened the subject a while back - I'm putting this post out there so I can move on. Y'know with all those cute stories and witty observations you all love so much. Here it is...

No new Crosby baby in September. I went in for a regular appointment last week and we couldn't find a heartbeat (we had heard it the appointment previous), subsequent hours in the ER and two ultrasounds later I learned that the baby had stopped developing only days earlier. No obvious reason, just one of those things.


Mostly, we're okay. Sad, but okay. I can see God's hand in the experience - so much so in the timing; my mom was here when I found out, Trevor started a unusually long weekend off the next day, and I had an amazing nurse during the difficult hours at the hospital.

So that's it, that's all. You can ask me about it if you want - I probably won't cry on you, in fact, really like to talk about my little guy. I think maybe it helped that I knew of so many women who had lost pregnancies, so that I was able to be accepting of our loss. But mostly it was because I know I have a loving Heavenly Father who always does what's best for me - even if I don't understand why, or it feels like the worst thing in the world.

"I know in whom I have trusted. My God hath been my support; he hath led me through mine afflictions in the wilderness; and he hath preserved me upon the waters of the great deep. He hath filled me with his love, even unto the consumming of my flesh. " [2 Nephi 4: 19-21]

11 comments:

Randa said...

Just so you know - we love you and are here for you any time you need anything! If all you need is a laugh I would be happy to send my husband over on roller blades pushing a swing set at least once a week =)

Kathy T. said...

Call me if you need anything lady.

hugs - again :)

Rebecca said...

Oh Lisa, I'm so sorry to hear your news. Thank you for your example, and know that I will be praying for you. Love you!

Amanda said...

Big hugs to you and love too!!!!

The Whiddens said...

After talking to you this afternoon, I was reminded of how much I admire your strong, rational, level-headed, resiliant personality. The unfortunate part is, being the eldest, our gene pool bestowed all those valuble traits to you and I was left with nothing. So thanks alot.
Only kidding :) I love you alot.

ec said...

so sorry to hear, lisa. i know how hard it is ... how you're feeling, and i admire your positive outlook. you are a good woman:)

Julie said...

*big giant hugs* what amazes me the most is that when you told me about it, you were helping ME on the phone with MY frustrations, when YOU were the one who had just gone through something so tragic. You are such an example and such a good friend. miss you lots!

Dixie said...

Love you Lisa!

CASSIE said...

You guys are in our thoughts & prayers most definitely... ♥
HUGS! Wished we were closer.
We would take you all out to DQ ;) Remember our last trip there on a whim!?

lindylonz said...

So sorry Lisa...love and hugs to you!

Anonymous said...

You are such an amazing woman Lisa!! I'm sorry for you loss - my heart aches for you. Miss you like crazy!

xoxo