- threw a suprise birthday party for Trevor. A great time was had by all, but I will never, NEVER, lie about anything to anyone ever again. Seriously. By the night before the party I was in tears from the stress of all the deception. Even for such a fun suprise, it was really stressful. On the upside, I'm sure I have a conscience.
- arranged for Trev's parent's to come for the party and stay a week. From first thought to Velona and Gary's arrival was about 8 hours shy of exactly one week and included arranging time off for Trevor from work without his knowledge. Again, the stress of all that misleading and withholding of info has left me permanently scarred.
- got a new calling: Enrichment Leader. Woot! Woot! (is that how it's spelled?) This one is still keeping me really busy. So thankful for a mom and sister who let me call and chat their ears off when I need a sounding board for my ideas.
- Thanksgiving was spent here at home. On our own. Kinda sad and pathetic, but seeing as we had just spent all our money and time off on the recent festivities, the down time was actually a little nice. Still feeling sad about missing the to-do at my parents though.
- voted! Did you?
Since then I've just been staying super busy with all of those little, tedious, every-day things that keep us all sweating. Oh, and a shout out to some friends who have been busy themselves - Nyles (Happy 6th Birthday!), Kiarra (Happy 8th and so proud of your decision to be baptized!), Julie and Paul (way-to-go on your little bundle of joy!) and Dallin and Joel (Happy half-way mark on your missions! This one freaked me out, as I have certain weight-loss goals I had set when they left and are still unattained. One more year.) I know that there are others that I'm forgetting - Oh ya! Happy Birthday Mom. Lookin' good!http://whiddens.blogspot.com/2008/10/shes-still-got-it.html
Well, here's hoping it's not another month or two before I post again!


9 comments:
Hey Glad to see you are still alive and BUSY! Holy!
Happy Birthday to your mom. I went and took a peek. You look So much alike with your smiles. Cute!
FINALLY! I missed the sweet, sweet sound of your computer voice.
Lisa, I am laughing so hard at the "on the upside..." part.
Im totally excited about you being enrichment leader!! Im sure thats selfish on my part but its still true. If you ever need a hand with stuff let me know. I just found out how much work a super saturday is and I would hate for you to have to do it on your own - CALL ME!!!
Yeah!!!! You finally wrote.
yes...here's to hoping. i've been waiting to hear about the surprise! glad you have a conscience.
i'm the enrichment leader too. though i still haven't decided if my enthusiasm matches yours...we should chat.
miss you gusy!
wowsa. Can I say SHOCKED when I saw you had a new blog?! Did you hop skip and jump to Nancy's??
You have been busy and are definitely forgiven! Love your new calling: sad I won't be there to support supa-saturday ;( what are the chances!!
Awww... you are alive.
The surprise party sounds fun... I am doing on for Todd next summer... not sure how I will handle the lies either. Usually he can read me too, so that will make it extra hard.
I am enrichment leader too.... seriously right now, my enthusiasm does NOT match yours. I am 4 days away from Super Saturday being over and I will be forever greatful!
hey! thanks for the post! glad you're still alive out there! i've been thinking about you - a few weeks ago i saw a car that looked just like yours in the walmart parking lot, and i resolved to call you... lol and then i had a baby... miss you!
Post a Comment